Bobby Jindal: Tofu and hybrid cars could be next
Bobby Jindal is becoming the face of Obamacare opposition, Anthony Weiner is (sort of) back, Mitt Romney is hush-hush on fundraising with Donald Trump and John Roberts is joking about Malta.
Make sure to sign up to get “Afternoon Fix ” in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m!
EARLIER ON THE FIX:
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED:
* Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), who has quickly emerged as one of the most vocal critics of the Supreme Court health care decision, told reporters today that he feared the ruling could mean ”taxes on people who refuse to eat tofu or refuse to drive a Chevy Volt.”
* Former congressman Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) — remember that guy? — has been doing interviews around the health-care ruling, talking to both WNYC and the New York Observer. But he says he’s not angling for any kind of comeback. “I’m just going on my favorite radio show and talking about a subject that’s very dear to me,” he told the station.
* Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney’s campaign says they raised $4.6 million from 47,000 donors in the 24 hours after the Supreme Court’s health care ruling. “We’ve outraised the Romney campaign in that time period but that’s not the point,” Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt told the Huffington Post, saying Romney should talk about his health care plans instead of his fundraising.
* Attorney General Eric Holder
will not be prosecuted for contempt of Congress, the Department of Justice has declared. The House of Representatives voted on the contempt charge Thursday; the DOJ says Holder’s decision to withhold information on a botched gun-running operation is not a crime.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN’T MISS:
* American Crossroads has updated its attack on North Dakota Senate
You can read the rest of this article at:: http://feeds.washingtonpost.com/click.phdo?i=e4b78b898b607532e321632efaac2ac9
Short URL: http://thepresidency.us/?p=17792